Put some Spring into your skin
It’s that time again when the flowers are blossoming, the birds are chirping and the sun is shining! Yes, spring has sprung and it’s time to get our bodies out of hibernation and start thinking about how to prepare for the warmer months of the year.
Our skin at this time of year usually feels a bit dry and scaly, we may have slackened off a bit with our exercise routine and healthy salads have not been at the top of our list for lunch or dinner!
So to get you feeling on top of your game this spring we have a few suggestions that just might give you the boost you need:
- Exfoliation and Dry Body Brushing- A good way to energise your body and skin without exerting too much energy is through body brushing and exfoliation. Dry body brushing is an age-old technique designed to stimulate lymphatic circulation and lift off dry, dull skin cells. It is a great way to detoxify the body and reduce fluid retention. All you need to do is invest in a coarse-haired body brush and work it all over the body in an upward direction. It’s best to start at your feet and work your way up before you jump in the shower. Perform daily for best results. To leave your body super-smooth follow with NAT’s sea salt smoother at least once a week. It contains a mixture of sea salt, sugar, peppermint and sweet fennel...the perfect pick me-up.
- Flush toxins out of your body - start this spring with a plan to increase the water intake, substitute coffee with herbal teas or why not try a juice detox. The girls in the NAT office have been having great success with a juice detox program where the work is done for you. Visit www.skinnymanniny.com.au to find out more.
- Why not visit your local NAT skin center for an Enzyme peel. While it’s important to exfoliate your skin regularly at home, nothing beats a professional skin treatment. NAT has a great Enzyme peel containing papaya extract to dissolve and digest dry, dull skin cells. Your skin feels amazing afterwards!
- Start visiting your local farmers markets to source fresh, in-season fruit and veges and start eating more raw meals this spring. It’s a great time to get into salads. Mix the salads up by including pine nuts, sunflower seeds, chickpeas or cous cous. It’s amazing how energised you can feel by eating lighter meals.
- Take advantage of all the exfoliation your doing and give your skin a boost with one of NAT’s concentrated serums. Replenish serum contains jasmine essential oils and vitamin e to nourish dry skin. Restore serum contains rose essentials oil and vitamin e to soothe and rebalance sensitive skin. Rebalance concentrate contains lavender and tea tree to provide anti-bacterial and soothing properties to congested/breakout prone skins. Rejuvenate firming serum contains frankincense and vitamin e to firm and nourish dry/aged skin. Rejuvenate serum contains neroli ,evening primrose oil and vitamin e to hydrate and soothe dry, ageing skin. And for your body, nothing beats NAT’s pure body rejuvenation oil to hydrate and nourish dry skin on the body.
One of these tips is bound to have you feeling super-charged this spring. We hope your skin and body are glowing in no time!